Autotech exhaust!!!!!!!!!!!

I just put a autotech exhaust on my '80 about a week ago.  The
exhaust piping itself is great however I do have some problems with
it that would have prevented me from buying it if I had known.

1)The placement of the midpipe's hanger is in the totally wrong
place.  As a result the entire system twists and hangs about 5 inches
lower then it should.  (very visable from standing beside the car)  I
had to wire the midpipe to the heat shield to prevent this.

2)The rubber hangers that come with the exhaust break.  After I wired
up the midpipe I double checked all the rubber hangers to make sure
they weren't damaged from the extra load the low hanging midpipe have
gave them.  One of the hangers was indeed broken so I replaced it
with a new one.  Then I drove the car about 8 miles.  I looked under
at the exhaust again and guess what????  2 of the hangers were
completly broken and the 3rd was on its way.  So I jerryrigged the
broken hangers with wire and duck tape.  Tomorrow I'll be heading to
rapid parts for the "chain" hangers.

Has anyone else experienced this trouble?

I should also add that I purchased a tri-Y header from them as well.
 What the hell is with that stupid adapter that comes with the header?!?!?
All I have to say is WHY?

                                      Jay
'80 Scirocco 1.8 8v

Check out the Watercooled VW gallery...