Re: Tire size question . . . ?

205/55r14 is what you want.  they stay really close to the stock
diameter.  they came on 16v GTi's stock.  otherwise 185/60r14 is stock.
I hear good things about the 195/55r14's (slightly smaller than stock)
but they are pretty steap in the cost department (compared to 185/60r14)
.  195/60r14's are bigger than stock and should be avoided as well.  why
give your car a higher profile tire, they handle bad, and look worse.  I
am told the only company still making 205/55r14's is yokohama.

Kyle