Re: Cam?

At 10:35 PM 6/8/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Would getting a new cam(racing) help with pick-up?

Depends, do you mean top end or low end? Most every cam I know of will make
one or the other better, but never both.
As its been said here before, without having a free flowing exhaust and intake
systems, the cam wont do much. (You will notice some, but you wont get the
most out of the cam.)
There are many different cams out there that do many different things.

> I'm thinking about geting
>a new one.  Also I need new struts....Any opinions on what brand?

How much money do you have? You get what you pay for. Konis are about the most
expensive. Bilsteins, Boges ect.

>  One more
>thing, I heard at high RPM's you can shift without the clutch..is this true?

In that scenerio, no. What you can do is shift from say second gear into 3rd
by letting the engine rpm's match and the lever will be able to pull it into
3rd gear. Not too wise, but in a scenerio of no clutch, or a broken clutch
cable, it works!

>  Does it hurt the car?

Not at all! The car will feel no ill effects from doing this at all
whatsoever. Your tranny may disagree however!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and