Re: '83 Paint Update

At 22:41 6/10/97 +0000, you wrote:
>Hey Chuck, just wondering what you mean by color sanding, is this the
>same as wet sanding??  What does it accomplish???
>
>Thanks
>Dave

Exactly - but color sanding is done with much care to avoid sanding through
to the primer. This is to leave an absolutely smooth surface for the second
color, and for the Imron clear coat we intend to put over the paint. We will
be using 1500 grit paper for this step, so we intend to remove very little
paint.

Color sanding will also reveal any nasty flaws, like deep scratches that
evaded earlier detection so they can be fixed, at the cost of some spot
painting. It's the only way to get a 'perfect' finish.

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (in process)
'58 Ghia Convert