Re: Clunking on my 84 8v

At 12:59 AM 6/11/97 -0400, you wrote:
>I know that you found your clunk but I just got a new one this weekend.
>My bushing strap on my lower sway bar broke off at the driver's side A arm.
>I too have a clunk.
>Watch out for this one when you lower your 16v.
>
>Doug
>87 16v Silver Scirocco.

Lowering your car should have no effect on your swaybar. (since it pivots up
and down with the suspension. Its when the suspension is working independently
when the swaybar is being used.) Sounds like you simply broke the mount??
Should be easy enough to find a replacement.

Was this a stock swaybar or aftermarket??

Well, either way, you can safely remove it until you get a replacement part
for it andstill drive the car. Takes all of 20 minutes to remove it.
Sorry to hear it!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi