Re: Great night

>> Its hard to tell from your description but you might be just describing
>> the charastic of the 1.8l 16V.  My 16V seems sluggish in low RPMS thats
>> because the higher RPMS are so much noticably better the low end seems
>> bad.
>>
>> It it seems really REALLY slow then there is a problem.
>Well, it's a very subtle thing.  I don't think anyone btu me would
>notice cuz I drive it all the time.  It only lasted for a couple of
>seconds, but those seconds is where the Civic ate me up most.  It could
>be a 16V thing, but I highly doubt it.  Could be something in the way of
>some pipe or something???

I think that's a very typical 16v response/feel. Everything I've read
indicates that low end tourque is really low (esp. on the 1.8L), causing
low-rev problems.

I've noticed it in my completely stock 1.8L: anytime I'm below about
3500-3700, its a chore to get the revs up. I noticed it very acutely in 2nd
yesterday at *my first autox* (WAHOO!!). I stayed in 2nd the whole run, and
had problems on really sharp turns because I didn't always find the right
balance between slowing enough ahead, and maintaining enough revs to pull
me out. Basic beginner technique-problems, but the low-end problem was
intensified in the track situation. I think that's the nature of the
beast/engine.

BTW, Thanks to Wenzel and the local guys for showing me around and offering
some great
advice!! Hopefully next time rain won't cancel out the fun runs!

>jason 87 16V
Rich
'87 16v