Pearl White 84 Scirocco?

Anyone ever seen a Pearl White (you know that metalic white that comes on
all the Audi cars) 84 Scirocco?? Well I saw one today, and it was factory
applied paint! What makes it really curious to me though, is that the
bumpers were painted pearl white to match (yes, from the factory). I
thought only 16V cars came with color matched bumpers. This car was built
on 9/83. It had power windows, mirrors, AC, no moonroof (no wolfsburg
badges). Full black leather interior. The door pannels have real leather
on them just like my Corrado. My 16V rocco has leather, but the leather
on the door pannels looks fake and is smooth.

Anyone?

Brian