Flex joint = KAPUT!

Hey Kids,

Even with VW motorsport engine/tranny mounts and only 58k miles, my flexjoint
went today.

:-(

Advice needed:  I only have to drive the car 200 miles.  My friend's house
that I'm doing my G60 conversion at is 200 miles away from me.  If I can make
it there on a bad flexjoint, I will be taking the whole system out and
replacing it anyway.  It would be a waste to replace it with a brand new
part, only to use it for 3 hours before removing it permanently (the G60
setup uses 8v exhaust components).

What should I do?  Can I drive it 200 miles w/ a bad flexjoint?  Or do I have
to replace it to be safe?

Thanks so much!

Chris Taylor