Re: Quarter mile times?

Stoopid Wrote:

> Does anyone know what the 1/4 mile is for the Scirocco 16V?
> Or any Roc for that matter?  I'm just looking at this page
> for the DSM cars (Talon/Eclipse/Laser), and I am shocked!  These
> boys are about ready to break into the 10-second zone.  Even the
> fwd cars are hitting high 12s. These are some fast times!

High 12s are a FAST time for a FWD!

I only have one reference for the 1/4 mile..its from the Road
and Track's test of the 16v back in August 1986. They had
the 1/4 mile at 16.1 sec @ 86.0 mph ,  0-60 at 7.7 sec ,
slalom at 62.6 mph, Lateral acc. 0.80g  with the stock
Michelin MXV 185/60HR-14s.

---
K.E.B
'88 Scirocco 16v