Re: Hotter Coil

At 09:10 PM 6/4/97 -0500, you wrote:
>Wondering if using a hotter coil can help my Scirocco 16valve gain
>higher performance (better torque, idle, 0-60mph). I know the stock coil
>is hotter than the 8 valve coil, and with the added compression the
>motor has, I'm wondering if it couldn't help as wires and coil are free
>in SCCA Stock class.
>
>Jim
>See you at Waterfest!

You might be better off getting the Nology coil amp. I noticed a bigger
improvement with my 8V with just the Coil Amp than I did the Nology wire set.
The Potterman has the Nology Wires and the Coil Amp on his E Stock 16V GTi as
well and says its got much more noticable overall gain.

I think anytime you improve the spark on an engine with more power, it will
feel more gain than the same parts installed on a lesser powered engine.
Yet another one of my IMHO's....

In closing, lemme say that if you do get the coil amp, be sure to check the
coil for the + and - posts. Otherwise you will baloon the anp unit. I wont
say WHO exactly did this....
:-D

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi