Re: VW show in Woodburn Oregon

On  2 Jun 97 at 22:29, Riley McDowall wrote:

> >There were a bunch of us Seattle/Vancouver area people talking
> >about a weekend rally or something in June.  There were several who
> >were in
>
> Huh?  I don't remember this discussion...:)

I have 26 emails in my "rally" folder on this, dated 5/9 to 5/13.
I can forward some (or all) of them if you like.

> I dunno, I don't see how many of us could do both.  Combining the
> two would be the best plan, especially if we took a route other than
> straight down I5.  I don't know what other options we have, but I5
> has never struck me as being particularly interesting....

Well, the thing is I'd love to go to SF, as I've never been south of
the SeaTac Airport on I-5.  But SF involves a 2 day trip to get there
and another 2 to get home, meaning it would require a bit of time off
work.  It isn't a weekend thing.

A little 250 mile or so jaunt however would be a weekend thing and
much more doable for those of us local.

> >this point.  And I'm not sure if I want you guys laughing at my
> >bargain basement Rocco :)
>
> Yeah, you're right.  Don't bother showing up.  :) :)

See?  you're picking on me already!

> All this talk about people going to waterfest has started to cheese
> me off! Are there really that many more east coast scirocco owners
> on the list?!?!

Since there are more people on the east coast, it would stand to
reason :)

Rick
hugacub@whidbey.net
Richard.Lackner@entex.com