Re: Help with insurance appraisal

> Basically, mandated insurance is mandated gambling. You bet you will need
>  it, they bet you will not, and the rates run according to how good they
feel
>  about the odds. I know, I know... I am insured - it's the law here...If I
>  was rich enough, I would self insure.

This is one way of looking at insurance, and it's too far off base.

>  CAPS are just my way of emphasizing / I don't do emoticons :)...
>
>  I would hate to see someone meekly turn over their dented baby to a
company
>  for 'salvage' because the insurance guy tells them they have to - and
never
>  mentions that there is an alternative..

I guess you missed my earlier post which mentioned how an insurance company
really doesn't want yuor wrecked car. They would really prefer you kept it so
they don't have to dispose of it. However, the general public does not know
how to get rid of a wrecked car, nor do they want to deal with it. It is not
done to rob you of your car, it's done to do you a favor.

>  Used to run a body shop in the '70's, and, with the exception of State
Farm,
>  most appraisers that came out to my shop were looking for kickbacks in
order
>  to make the estimate high enough for me to make an honest profit - one of
>  the reasons I quit that business was I did not want to debase myself in
this
>  way..
>
>  Of course, I have had little interface with appraisers these days - I hope
>  things have cleaned up...

A lot has changed in 20 years. Things like that don't go on, at least not
around here.

>  Angry? Me? Noooo... just cantankerous...

That's good, then, although angry still comes across a bit.

See ya!

Todd