Re: Karmann...

Kris Tewkesbury wrote:

> I am just curious as to why my 86 has a Karmann emblem on it and other
> roccos I've seen do not.  Is it just something they put on that year like
> the Wolfsburg Edition?  Just wondering.
>
> Also, how do Boge Turbogas shocks rate on the list.  I got a good price and
> I want to go with them, but I am unsure as to what kind of ride they will
> give me compared the the stock I have now.
>
> Is anyone on the list from Michigan?  I found a VW parts place called
> Recycled VW's and I'm going there to scope it out on Saturday.  THey told
> me on the phone that they have 4 or 5 junk (that's what they called them)
> 'roccos in their yard.  If the pickins are good I'll post what I find.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Kris Tewkesbury
> 1986 8v

Well, I believe the place you're talking about is the same place I have
a catalog for...  Parts Place Recycled VW's?  If so, I can pass along my
experiences with them.  According to their catalog, they know what their
stuff is worth, but it's still nice to be able to mail order either new,
used, or rebuilt parts.  And I got very prompt shipment.  Back in
February I drove my diesel Rabbit pickup out to Colorado (from
Wisconsin).  While I was out there, I ordered some parts and received
them in 2 days.  This was with normal shipping, not next day air or
anything.  In my eyes, that is exceptional.  Also, their catalog has a
lot of tech tips and information to help you diagnose your problems, and
they are also very nice to talk to on their tech phone line.  I give the
place 2 thumbs up!

John

'87 16v Scirocco
'86 GTi  <--- for sale