Help on suspension pricing/91 Jetta, and colour suggestions for the 'rocco

The stock suspension on my 91 8v Jetta is finally toasted. The passenger front is leaking fluid, and I'm getting excited about putting some performances shocks & springs on.

I called up Rons' Parts here in BC, and he quoted me the following:

Boge Progas Shocks @ $320CDN for the set ($228USD)
Neuspeed lowering springs @ $320CDN for the set ($228USD)
2 Front strut bearings (I think) $71CDN for the set ($50USD)
Installation $100CDN ($71USD)
Assorted taxes bringing the total to $900CDN

Using a conversion factor that $1CDN = $1.40USD, I get about $650USD for the works, installed, ready to drive away. Bear in mind, I will have no border taxes, and no shipping costs to deal with.

First question: Good deal or no? Better question: Good setup or no? The car is basically my wife's now, as I drive the Scirocco. FWIW, I have upgraded the Jetta's tires to 195/60/14 Dunlop D60A2s.

The next question has to do with the 'rocco. I am getting the body work/paint done on it this winter, and am considering colours. My wife & I both really like Shawn's Miata Blue '82 and I'm strongly leaning that way, but on the way home the other night, a newer Audi blew past me, and it was that gorgeous pearly-white metallic colour. Which, of course, got me thinking about that colour. The Scirocco is currently silver-blue (not sure of VW's name for it) and I'm slowly changing the interior over to black leather...

Any input on either subject will be really appreciated!

Thanks,

Greg.
82 Scirocco
91 Jetta