Re: Speaker fitment...

> RE: Brakes & Speakers
>
> > SPEAKERS:
> > On the speaker issue: Be wary of speakers which say they are "stock
> > replacements". The ones I purchased even listed my 84 rocco on the back of
> > the box as being a car where these speakers fit. They did NOT fit. I ended
> > up trimming the speaker braces w/ some tin snips and a file until they
> > actually fit inside.
> > Take measurements and buy them from a place that'll take em back if they
> > don't fit.
>
>      Rest assured, none of the speakers on the market that have the full
> sized tabs on the corners have fit in the stock 4x6 locations in the front of
> either the Scirocco OR the Jetta.

  Wrong. See my previous post. I have BA 4x6s that fit perfectly. As Dan
(and my last post) pointed out, the key is to ask for speakers that are
"metric", as these will fit various European cars, including VWs. My
particular BAs are the CX7E model, I think the E is BAs notation for
European speakers. Alpine also makes metric sized 4x6 speakers, as do(or at
least did) Pyle, and probably many others. Pyles were not great, the Alpines
were about $100/pr when I priced them, and didn't sound nearly as good as
the BAs which were around $70/pr

Brad