Re: Quick story

At 01:26 AM 7/28/96 -0700, you wrote:
>Hey all!
> ----snipped----
> Is this normal?  Are there
>usually flames present when you rev the car up?  I'm hoping that this
>is  the usual situation, with the cracked header being the only reason
>can see fire.
>
>	Thanks and a good night to all....

Well Santa, for the most part, flames out of the header is quite
normal. Its just unburnt fuel being.....burnt. A good extreme example
of this is a top fuel dragster at night. Lots of flames. Another good
example is a racing rotary engine. if you've ever seen the GTO - GTU
cars run you will see flames shoot out of the rotary engines exhaust.
Its just unburnt fuel.

Do you have a header on your car or do you mean the exhaust manifold?
Well, either way, you should be able to remove it and have it welded to
fix the crack.

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi