Quick story

Hey all!  I'm about to fall asleep, so I'll make this quick.  I went to
my frends' cottage last night (110 miles).  I started the car and drove
it for about 10 minutes tops earlier in the day.  However, when it was
time to go home, I decided to start the car and let it idle.  I decided
to check up on the engine to see what I could see.  I played with the
throttle a little bit and was astonished to hear that scraping noise
again (although it was a different pitch from any of the other times).

	Anyways, my favorite part of revving the engine was when I gave it
quick pulls (I wasn't using the pedals), was the flash of light escaping
from the various cracks in my header.  I've heard (and seen) flames come
from the back of people's cars and bikes, but this was the first time I
witnessed such an occurance on my car.  Is this normal?  Are there
usually flames present when you rev the car up?  I'm hoping that this
is  the usual situation, with the cracked header being the only reason I
can see fire.

	Thanks and a good night to all....

jason
87 16V