Re: Steering bearing fell out

At 11:50 PM 7/26/97 -0700, you wrote:
>I followed the advice of yinz and used a cable tie to hold up the
bearing.
>It seems to be holding for now; if it fails, I'll go for the hose
clamp.
>Thanks all, benton-----

Depending on which part of the bearing has fallen out, the cable tie
should work fine. In my case I had to use the hose clamp because the
center piece with the needle bearings was what fell out. The inner and
outer races were still in their places and the added size of the hose
clamp was enough to hold it up in place for a little while, until the
rest of the plastic crumbled to nothing. So I ended up replacing the
bearing anyways....

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi