Re: used rocco

At 04:39 AM 7/24/97 -0400, you wrote:
>anyways....
>the question i have is that while i was looking at the clicks i noticed
>that the tach was a "MotoMeter" and not a VDO, is this normal?? could
>this motometer tach be an original part? if not i would definatly not
>trust the mileage...

Yup, I dont know the specifics as to when they were used on the Scirocco
but the cluster I got from an 84 Sciroco (with the 120 mph spedo) has the
Motometer in it. I didnt even notice it until the Potterman pointed it out
 to me. So I gotta swap the other tack into it so I will have an all VDO
system. Then I will be cool.
I dunno, the Motometer works just as good as the VDO. Looks the same
too....

>is there a way to ask a vw dealer for service records or something like
>that to find out the mileage (did the warranty go up to 100k Kms?), is
>there any other way to verify the mileage, a seperate little computer
>hidden somewhere in the dash?

You can call the dealer and see when the last time it was serviced if at
all. (Give them your VIN #)
or, you can remove the spedo cluster and check the spedo itself. There are
certain items that have a locking device that once you remove it, cant be
put back on. I think its a wire locking type device. I dont recall for s
ure. You will have to remove the spedo and open the box. The item in
question is where the mileage numbers are located.
HTH!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi