Re: Body Work

At 00:51 7/24/97 -0400, you wrote:
>Hi all,  I have been pretty busy with some body work on my car.
>I just have a quick question,  has anybody filled in their rain
>gutters?  I have seen it done, but is it worth it?  will it
>make a big difference in visibility out of the side windows?
>
>Later
>Etrik
>http://activated.virtualscope.com/etrik

Do you mean the black strips in the roof? These do little if anything
towards keeping water out of the car - it looks like they are places to
mount a roof rack, and also where the sides of the body are attached to the
center roof panel.

If you fill them in, use a lightweight filler - otherwise you are just
raising the car's center of gravity. Also, it's not a good idea to fill them
with 'bondo' all the way - fill all but less than 1/4 inch with fiberglass
filler ('tiger hair') and use a thin coat of filler to make it pretty..

Chuck Kuecker

ckuecker@mcs.net

'83 Scirocco (new paint!)
'58 Ghia Convert