Re: Canadian VW Shows (Ottawa)

K.E. Baddour wrote:

> This is to the list members in my neck of the woods:
> In case you are not aware, the 6th annual 'Volksfest'
> is being held in downtown Embrun, Ontario (near Ottawa)
> on Sunday August 3rd.
>
> The ad for it claims there will be over 150 cars.
> There will be both air and watercooled cars.
> - Parts sales
> - Free Swap Space
> - Door Prizes, Dash Plaques, T-shirts
> - 150 awards
> - Show cars $5
>
> Gates open 9 a.m. Show from 11-4 p.m
> Spectators FREE. Everyone Welcome.
>
> The ad has a map of the location. The show appears to be
> next to the Loeb in Embrun. Embrun isn't exactly big so I'm
> sure anyone would find it.
>
> So....is anyone interested?  Nigel? Jason?! others?
> It's no Waterfest but it should be fun.
> Although my car's paint isn't the most pristine, I might
> just show it anyways. I'll have the Tornado Red 16v with
> Newfoundland Plates.
>
> ----
> K.E. Baddour
> 6keb1@qlink.queensu.ca
> scirocco@speed-racer.com

   Ottawa, eh? that's only about an hour and a half away from my place,
so count me in.
i might have to show up in my parent's saturn though, the rocco ain't
doing so well...

Anyone comming to see the show in Montreal on August 8-9-10?

I might go down to Toronto to see that show (aug 24?), since i missed
waterfest...

Nigel Heron