I'm Short $160, and one big day of work tomorrow =(

oh man,
what a day.  I was driving home from the shop today and I got on route 80 and all is
well when all of a sudden, no gears.  I tried rev matching a bit but I was too stunned
to get into gear.  I usally don't even have to think.  Anyway, I pulled over and when
pushing the clutch cable I felt a bit of a snap, like the clutch cable breaking.  And
there's the problem right there, I thought.  Clutch cable broken.  A toe Truck comes
buy right away while passing and toes me back to the shop where I figure I can just
put the new cable on.  I get my friend to push the clutch pedal in and the lever is still
being pulled fine.  So it isn't the damn cable.  Now I'm thinking it's the actuating lever
that pushes the throuwout bearing.  THEN it goes back into gear with the car on: 1st
2nd, 3rd, 4th, 5th!  All there, so I figure "I better go home now while I can!"  I get
about 1 mile and it doesn't go into gear with the clutch again but I force it in, then it
starts vibrating and the clutch pedal sticks out about an inch further than usual!  I try
driving but the car won't move until I hit about 5k rpms and barely at that.  So my
conclusion is that something between the engine and trans broke.  It seems to me
like the pressure plate did , or maybe some of the fingers off of it.  Something in there
ain't workin right since everthing outside is, so off comes the tranny tomorrow and I'll
find out what really happened.  If you have any suggestions, please let me know!
Thanks a lot,

Josh Clark
EXC Performance: We RULE!
http://idt.net/~exc