Re: Weird happenings in 5spd town...

I drive the car every day and it does roll while cranking (with the clutch
pushed in).  It could be rust, but i'm not sure.  the upper heater hose
sprung a leak and fluid leaked into hole on the transmission (?)  I'm not
sure what the hole is used for, but antifreeze definitely leaked into
there.  (looks like i can see the flywheel through this hole)  ?
Thanks
Dale

On Mon, 21 Jul 1997, John Van Vuren wrote:

> Dale D. Baker wrote:
> >
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Thanks for the previous help on my rocco...unfortunately, I have another
> > question now...
> >
> > When the car sits for awhile, I can't get it into gear...it's like my
> > clutch isn't doing anything.  I checked the fluid levels and they are
> > up...I don't know what to do  :(  Any suggestions?
>
> Well, have you tried putting it in gear before you start the car?  Does
> the car immediately move when the starter is cranked?  And how long does
> the car sit?  If it is quite a while, the clutch disc may be rusting to
> the flywheel.  I have never had this problem with vw's (probably because
> I love them so much they are always being driven!).  Here's my solution
> when it happens on my other stuff - put the car in 1st gear, hold the
> clutch in, start the car (make sure it's clear in front as the car will
> move).  Then repeatedly get on and off the gas.  This will usually break
> the clutch loose.  Remember to hold the clutch pedal in while doing
> this.  Good luck!
>
> John
>
> '87 16v Scirocco
> '86 GTi