Center console '87 8V

Hello fellow roccans:

How does one remove the center console to get at the rear of the radio? I
removed about 500 screws (read: many)and still the thing wont come out.

The last owner of the car put a cheesy  stereo in there, and did a crappy
job. He didn't even wire in the door speakers, and the unit itself is in
there crooked and loose. Even if the cheesy stereo doesn't have four
outputs, he could have wired in series to be safe.

I don't want to break anything as far as clips and the suh go, so is this
as simple as I imagine it should be? What's the procedure?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Regards,
Paul Hanley
'87 8V