Re: Transmision Woes. part II

  I added a
>FULL QUART of fluid and it still DIDN'T bring it up to full.  I will have
>to go buy more tomorrow to top it off.  Now the car seemes to shift better,
>run cooler and is not as noisy.  With it being that low of fluid the only
>thing I can think of is that the AMSOIL made the difference between
>driveable and broken tranny.  Maybe we should start to drink that stuff. hehe
>	But I still cant figure out where the oil is leaking from.

First off, I *had* to fix the subject line, sorry:).  Woes.  Woe is me,
blah blah blah.  OK, here's my bet on the location of the leak - take off
the inner CV joints, look at the seals.  There are two - one which is on
the outside of the output shafts/flanges, which is similar to a normal
oil/main seal, and one in the center, which looks like a metal bottlecap.
Mine sprung a leak a while back, chewed up the inner joint.  That's my
guess!

Mannix (hate to be a spelling cop, but I at least gave a useful suggestion!)