Re: Help . . ..Presure polate to crank. . .torque.. . .?

At 12:32 PM -0600 07/15/1997, GIMPYvwMtb@aol.com wrote:
>Help . . .the bible says to torque the six bolts that conect the presure
>plate to crank is 20 ft lbs. . .

I just looked it up in my Bentley -

Bolts without shoulders:  55lbs.
Bolts with shoulders:     75lbs.

This is for the pressure plate assy to crank.  They suggest Loctite 270 or
271 on the threads.  No mention of additional 1/4" turns.

with 1/4 turn after words. . .

What words do you have to say;)?

and the fly
>wheel to the presure plate 15 ft lbs. . . is this right. . .

Yes.  For engine code JH, torque to 9 pounds in order, then retorque to 15.
This is from my Bentley, which is nearly new, RJS 80-84.  Hope this helps!

Iain Mannix