Re: oil pressure and adjustable konis!

At 12:26 AM 7/9/97 -0400, you wrote:
> Also, all you out there with the
>adjustable konis, do you find your's get out of adjustment at all?

Nope. Not at all.

>I have only driven it for two days but I found a couple of times that they
>shocks were set very stiff (2 turns!) when I was positive they were on
>full soft.  I only moved them to one turn at the most couple of times
>which does not work well on the bumpy roads here.  I was skipping ALL over
>on my many fun roads, and it was definately keeping my speed down.

I think somebody is messing with your shocks. Ive neber had my shocks self
adjust before. I had my son set them on full firm a couple times when I was
going to LA (Little shit.) and he knows I dont stop for nothing. You will
want to set them at full soft for regular driving. If you want to get a
little sporty, set the rears to 2 turns firm and adjust up from there. If
your tires suck as far as traction, you will want to leave the front shocks
at full soft. Not only for the ride comfort but also for the handeling.

>I have the car sitting pretty low now (I can barely fit my fingers onto
>the tops of the tires!) and it works great but I think I need some more
>time with it and then to set it a bit higher.  With such stiff springs, do
>you think I should just try a rear sway bar?

What?? You dont have swaybars yet? Well, that will be a great help with the
handeling once you get a set of bars on the car.

>was thinking either the Autotech solid 25mm or the hollow 28mm and kepping
>the stock front.  The handling is VERY neutral right now but it still
>leans a bit even with the Eurosport rear stress bar.  Thanks for any and
>all info!

If you have been paying attention the the VW NG lately, you will know to
stay away from all of Autotech's swaybars. They constantly break the
mounting hardware on them, espeically the front bars. Ive also personally
seen 2 front hollow swaybars cracked and one snapped! BEWARE!!!!!

Im not a big fan of Neuspeed stuff, but I do recomend their springs and
swaybars. I think also that the Potterman has a set of front and rear
swaybars for sale? I dont remember if he sold them yet. Im not sure. Mike?
Anyways, be sure to get a big rear bar (28MM). Dont flake out and get the
25mm, you will be glad you did. Especially with those stiff ass springs!

Shawn
86' Jetta GLi
82' Scirocco GTi
The Fastest, Quickest, Cleanest and