Re: Back from WaterFest!!

webmaster wrote:

> One more thing, If you saw josh's car, you saw the grille. So Josh,
> could
> you tell me the how you did it?  I might want to do it on mine.

	I already told Josh that I'm stealing that idea off of him.  It looks
really sweet.  As soon as I get my car back, I'll be peforming the same
operation myself.  Josh gets the credit for a very slick Roc 2 Grille
mod.

	I'm rather disappointed in the lack of list-folk that I met.  I met
Matt, Brett, Josh, Brian, and talked with Jay Docherty for four seconds
before the guys I went with decided to leave.  I must say that I was
extrordinarily impressed with the overall camraderie between all people
involved with the show. VERY POSITIVE.

	Lots of really cool toys.  There was this beautiful red mk2 16V with a
turbo _and_ NOS and a stereo that sunk his ass end onto the floor (even
with the coilovers!).  I asked the guy how many horses without NOS and
he quoted something like 325.  Holy cow!  I saw at least 3 EIP turbos (1
Jetta, 2 Corrados (one Corrado also had NOS)), and drooled all over
them.  Jetta man and non-NOS Corrado dude both stayed at the Ramada
where I was, and they made many trips in and out of the parking lot and
around the streets.  A friend of these two guys had a video cam rolling
while they were travelling to the show from PA, and in their Golf, the
speedo showed 130mph.  As the camera panned up from the dash out to the
road in front of them, I watched as the Corrado blew past them and fit
between a couple of cars up ahead of them.  I think I heard that he was
doing about 155(250 km/h) or so.  *sigh* :)

	I agree with Dom, there were a some gaudy cars, but I still dig some of
those big A3s.  Especially the ABT bod mods.  Unfortunately, I didn't
see the VR6 Cabbie.  If I did, I probably would have got a shit-load of
pix of it (I took 108 photos, can't wait to see if they turned out or
not).

	I managed to pick up a stock lower stress bar (I think it's a front)
off a 16V Scirocco.  If anyone wants it, you pay for the shipping, and
it's yours.  It was left beside some worn out stock 16V springs, and the
previous owner had written something about finding the bar a new home.

	All in all, I had an amazing time.  I would have been 100x happier if
they had a sound-off for those cars with the boom, and 1/4 mile runs.
Especially the 1/4 mile!  Oh well, I guess that's all for now.  Can't
wait until The Great Canadian Bugshow...should be a blast.

jason
87 16V
Club H2O's newest member