VW; drying up?

>     Just my 2 cents
>     -Paul
>
>     VW needs to wake up, they are counting on the new Beetle to save their
>     ass, but looking at VW pricing, and leasing, the friggin Neon or Civic
>     will probably still be a better buy for the average consumer.  VW is
>     asking way to much for their Mexican built cars pure and simple.

Interesting opinion- I'm curious about the state of VW. Since the Reagan years,
when VW sales were last high, with the recession afterwards, the recent dilemma
with General Motors (it was GM, right?), and not to mention the validity of the
Japanese; will VW's American market dry up? What can they do to get it again?

Paul
'84 S2 GTi