Re: tail lights.

At 11:39 PM 29/1/97 +0100, VanAm wrote:

>Where is the socket you guys are talking about on the US Sciroccos?
>Mine is the socket next to the taillights on the license plate side.
>It seems weird that plastic is melting.  Maybe the US Sciroccos have
>taillight lenses made of different plastic?  My fog light is brighter
>than a brake light and does not melt the plastic.  Hmmm...

That's the one.  When I cut away the plastic there isn't room for a big bulb
like the brake lights, just the wee one that are the running lights.

>Yep, Euro Roccos have 'em.  I'm not sure how far back in year they go.
>Mine's an 89 and it has one.  It's connected through the switch under
>the rear defrost switch.  Most US guys probably don't have a switch
>there.  But if you do, it's probably for your front fog lights?  The
>switch works the rear fog and the front fogs here.  Europeans are
>kinda strict about using your fogs lights only in the fog.  Even in
>the daytime, that rear fog light is really really bright.

I've got the switch and the mountings for the fogs, but I'm guessing a
previous owner broke them or swiped 'em.  The switch has a middle setting as
well, but I don't notice a difference in the lights.  But if I park against
a wall I can see that the light from the 'fogs' are projected back.

>-Mike

Brandon Sommerville

Law of Probability Dispersal:  Whatever it is
that hits the fan will not be evenly distributed.