Re: tail lights.

Hey, guys, sorry for the late reply...my e-mail was down since
Sunday.  Some problem with a US to Europe link.  But anyway...

>      It is brighter that the regular tail light with the #67 bulb but I have
> seen one other Rocco and a few golf's with REALLY bright "fogs".  Was thinking
> of using the brake light bulbs but it might end up melting the plastic.

Where is the socket you guys are talking about on the US Sciroccos?
Mine is the socket next to the taillights on the license plate side.
It seems weird that plastic is melting.  Maybe the US Sciroccos have
taillight lenses made of different plastic?  My fog light is brighter
than a brake light and does not melt the plastic.  Hmmm...

> That would take a
> seperate circuit for those bulbs, along with a switch,not the way the
> tail assembly is wired now.  Maybe the Euro Roccos had them.

Yep, Euro Roccos have 'em.  I'm not sure how far back in year they go.
Mine's an 89 and it has one.  It's connected through the switch under
the rear defrost switch.  Most US guys probably don't have a switch
there.  But if you do, it's probably for your front fog lights?  The
switch works the rear fog and the front fogs here.  Europeans are
kinda strict about using your fogs lights only in the fog.  Even in
the daytime, that rear fog light is really really bright.

-Mike
89 Scirocco Scala