Re: Re[5]: tail lights.

On 26 Jan 97 at 13:37, Chris Taylor wrote:

> >       In regard to the message below from way back when, d'you
> >       know what bulbs are normally used for the rear fogs?  i.e how many amps?

> 2.  I did the drill-out-two-more-holes-in-your-tail-light
> conversion, and I did it w/ 2 #67 bulbs.  They are common bulbs,
> found at any auto parts store.

With  #67 bulbs, the lite is the same as the regular taillights.
That's the bulbs I have also.  But the result will not be fog lights,
just increased width taillights.  I'm not sure, but I think the
Roccos don't have the fog lite capability.  That would take a
seperate circuit for those bulbs, along with a switch,not the way the
tail assembly is wired now.  Maybe the Euro Roccos had them.  I
always thought that the fogs referred to on the news groups were on
newer VWs.  Still, putting in the extra bulbs does give you a much
better visibility to vehicles approaching from the rear, and that's not bad.

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA
(On Whidbey Island in the Puget Sound)