Subject: Re: Re[2]: tail lights.
Author:  (INTERNET)owner-scirocco-l@mantis.privatei.com at external
Date:    9/13/96 4:26 PM

At 02:51 PM 9/13/96 -0400, you wrote:

>This is probably dumb but is there any way you can "brighten" the brake lights?

OOPS, forgot to reply to the second part of the message..... I was a bit
premature there...

You really dont want to put in a brighter bulb for the sole reason that the
plastic in the tail light lenses MELTS! I have a friend who put in higher
rated bulbs (I believe it was just one step up in ratings) and it melted the
brake light lenses! He was in stop-N-go traffic and by the time he got home,
he smelled plastic burning.

Shawn