Grrrr...

Re: 82 Rock with 88 Cab engine. Electrical gremlins being sorted...

Now that I have the engine in, with a new plug to the Hall sender, my car finally started! After starting it up (with no muffler attached to the header... LOUD!) and getting the coolant in it, it got hot REAL fast... I guess it's the thermostat. I can fix this problem, but my real problem is that I seem to be killing coils.

How does an ignition coil die?

Because of my earlier electrical gremlins, I swapped coils with an old Accel that a buddy had lying around. After hooking up the Hall sender, the car ran, idling loudly in my garage, waking up the kids and neighbors. I turned it off to adjust the throttle linkage (idle was at 3000), went to start it up, and nothing. No turnover, no sound no nothing. So I swapped the coil back to the Bosch. It roared to life once again.

Today, my room-mate was to take it to the Muffler place to get the muffler hooked up and after starting and backing out of the driveway, it died. (I'm at work...) Wouldn't start - wouldn't even turn over. Nothing. I haven't checked the coils to see if either of them are blown, but it makes sense, don't it?

Help.

An even more frustrated than before (the closer I get, the more frustrating it gets...)

Greg.