Hood fixed, here's how...

First of all, thanks to everyone for all the suggestions.  All I had
to do was hold the hood lever pulled-back with a pen, and lift up and
down a few times on the stuck side.  I have an interesting diagnosis
of my problem, though.  I think the hood rod (you know, the rod that
holds up the hood) somehow wedged the hood shut, because my hood rod
clip is broken, and the hood rod just kinda swims around in there.
So fix those $2 broken parts before they start causing strange problems.
Anyway, the hood pops open regularly now.  Thanks!

-Dan_S