Re: heater core / Recalls

On 19 Jan 97 at 4:39, FranÁois St-Amand wrote:

> I heard that for '85 'rocco's, they had a recall on the fuel pump.
> Anybody know of this?

Yep. I bought mine in June and it had a problem stalling in traffic.
I called a dealer, gave them my VIN and they replaced the transfer
pump (in the fuel tank) and put in a new fuel filter for free.  End
of stalling problem.

> Were there any other recalls on '85 & up 'roccos like the heater
> core?

http://weber.u.washington.edu/~hornung/vwtext.dir/wcfaq1.html

That's the place to go for recall info.  The heater core recall
appears to be for Golf/Jetta/GTIs and not Rocco's.

Hope that helps.

Rick    hugacub@whidbey.net
85 Scirocco 8V  Wolfsburg
Oak Harbor, WA