Re: Oil leaks

Thanks All,  The problem has been solved, Unbeleavable how
much oil can spew out the top of that little sensor but it sure did
it.  Got mine replaced down here in Florida from discount auto
parts for 6.00 $.  Got another problem, I had an oil pressure
guage I was going to install so I took the opportunity to do it
now.  I installed it to the guage hook up on the head the low
pressure guage but i find that i only get a usefull reading when
I'm at about 2300 rpm.  I'm wondering if I should hook it up to
the sensor opening where the high oil pressure sensor goes
instead the one above the oil filter. any suggestions????

scirocco-l-digest@mantis.privatei.com
>> From:          picot@cpcug.org (Chris Picot)
>> Subject:       Re: scirocco-l-digest V1 #86
>
>> >Hi, I owne a 86 Scirroco which I love but recently Ive been
>> >dealing with some ugly oil leaks that maybe some of you
have
>> >seen before and can lend a hand on.  First I thought my oil
pan
>> >was leaking but after Two gasket changes and a careful
>> >engine cleaning and observation I find that the oil leak
seems to
>> >be coming from the filter hookup.  I'm not sure whether its
the oil
>> >pressure sensor
>>
>> That would be my guess.  I have had these leak on two
different VWs.  It is