Weird Phenoms and Corrosion

1. re:Weird Phenoms
You battery is good and you've tested the output from the alternator, yes ?
(Could be the voltage regulator....)

2. Corrosion
I thought I'd mention this since it is winter, and such.  I have been told
that if you take a hunk of Zinc and place it between the ground strap and
the chassis you will reduce rate at which your car rusts.  The concept here,
I think, is that because Zinc has a higher (insert chemistry term here for a
metal that will oxidize faster becuase it has more available electrons to
lose) that it will corrode rather than the body.  Since corrosion is aided
by the input of energy (any energy, heat, electricity) you can reduce the
corrosion due to the ground running throught the chassis by putting it
through the zinc (you can also reduce winter corrosion by keeping the car in
the cold at night, away from heat).  I had bought a Zinc plate at my local
art store (they use it for etching) but never took the time to put it in....
Anyone else heard about this ?