Re: G60 lore

At 10:11 PM 1/12/97 +0500, you wrote:
>How about putting a G60 Head (EIP sells them) on my car, and THEN putting on
>the G60 supercharger?  Can they be put on a 16v 2L shortblock?  Is there a
>difference between a 16v 2L shortblock and a 8v 2L shortblock?

        Ok, technically, yes.  BUT, you've got to change the pistons to
lower the compression in the short block.  The compression in these motors
is controlled by how much of a depression is put into the piston.  That and
I'm not sure that you can put an 8V head on a 16V block.  Anyway, this would
cost one hell of a lot more than what you've got planned as it is and your
not sure if you can afford that?  That was my point about the sport clutch,
since adding one of those will run you about $700.  You're getting crazy Chris!

        Oh, yeah, I would imagine that the oil and coolant pickup points are
different from motor to motor.  I don't know what else, probably the
combustion chamber volume is less on the 16V and that's why it has higher
compression (10.8:1 vs. 10.5:1) that the 8V.  But that is on the head anyway.

        So, in theory, you could replace the pistons in your short block, or
the new one, to drop the compression down to 8:1 and then add the G60
compressor and plumbing to your intake.  If you do have the correct valves.
You'll want to replace your cam, with what I don't know since no one make a
G60 cam for the 16V.  And you might need more clutch, it depends on how far
you modify it.  This would also be a good time to cast off those wussy 10.1"
brakes and go for 11".  Sounds like fun doesn't it?