Re: I'm shocked

>I was shocked !!!  They actually did exactly what I wanted, but never
>thought they would.  A VW dealer doing the right thing !  How
>uncommon :)  Just thought you'd like to hear a good story about a VW
>dealer for once.  Anyone can make a mistake, but at least Whidbey
>Island Volkswagen/Mazda is one dealer that is actually honest !

        In reference to the joys of VW Dealers, I thought I'd tell this
little story from the other side.  My roomates father worked for a VW dealer
as the service manager for about 2 months, this was back in the 60's.  He
had a customer who needed a new windsheild and needed the car as soon as
possible, the VW part was on a month long back order, my roomates father had
the glass made custom in town and still netted the dealership the same
profit and got the guy back on the road that afternoon.

        Later that month the VW bigwigs showed up and screamed bloody murder
that the wrong procedure was followed and that he should have used VW parts,
etc...  So my roomate's dad quit.  Not the most exciting story, but it does
illustrate the fault in VW's official attitude.