handbrake cable

I just put on a new handbrake cable.  Not a big job unless you have
to do it lying in slush and snow ( sucks!).  I had trouble getting the old
cable out of the tube that comes up through the floor. Here is a tip
even though these cables aren replaced often its a good idea to put grease
at the end where the cable goes into the tube. This makes later removal
much easier esp if you live in an area with alot of snow and that uses
road salt ( like me )

Also I was sure the 16V engine was a contact or " interference " engine
Re timing belt stuff.   Someone ( sorry don't remember ) said it wasn't
based on something in Car and Driver.......what does anyone else say?

Dave