Re: Transmisson Problems - Fixed.

In a message dated 97-01-09 12:13:28 EST, coutinho.ka@pg.com writes:

<<    I got my "transmisson" problems fixed.  Took the car into Hayman Motors

 (They seem to know their stuff).  The mechanic drove up and down the
driveway a
 couple of times and said "shifter bushings".

      Anyways, 180 bucks later my shifter's great!  By the way about $28 of
180
 is tax.  That included a bushing kit, I think it was a fair price ?? >>

GREAT news!!  I am glad to hear that it was only shifter bushings.  But, I
must add, $180 for shifter bushings is kind of high.  A couple of years ago,
before I started doing a lot of my own work (okay, about seven...) I had the
shifter bushings replaced in my old'82 Rabbit.  The shop charged me about
$60. But, that was seven years ago, and you did take the car to the dealer.
 So, prices may varry.

But, at any rate, the money you saved is well worth that $180!!  Allright!
 Shifts like a dream now, huh?

Tim :)

'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco