Re: Coil over shocks?

On Tue, 7 Jan 1997, Vigus wrote:

> 	How much does a set of these shocks run, and how do they compare
> to Bilstein and Spax?

I have coil-overs on my "rocco" and am quite pleased with the results. I
have Ground Control threaded sleeves (these must be welded to a modified
strut tube for use on the front and are a "bolt-on" for the rear),
375lbs. rate Carrera 2.5" diam. springs all round, and Tokico Illumina
5-way adjustable struts/shocks. The setup is real "sweet".

Cost?

	Frt. Tokicos 			$130 each
	GC Frt Coil Over Kit (2)	$198 (for 2)
	GC Rear Coil Over Kit (2)	$198 (for 2)
	4 Carrera Springs (375 lbs)	$200

Other Suggested Mods :

	OPM Lower Frt Stress Bar	$45
	OPM 1.5" Rear Anti-Roll Bar	$150
	OPM Camber Frt. Plates		$200
	Derlin Lower Ctrl-Arm Bushings	$90

This is a good setup for either AX or IT racing and the ride is NOT "too
stiff" for the road. The Tokicos are adjustable (5-way) and the whole
package is extremely "tunable".

Harry