Re: Transmission Problems!

In a message dated 97-01-06 13:07:09 EST, coutinho.ka@pg.com writes:

<<  First was always a little tough, but after I got my engine mount replaced
 can't shift into first at all.  The guys that did the mount say that it's
harder
 to get it into first now that the engine is in place.  Apparently the engine
was
 slightly off before and thus shifting into 1st was possible even tho my sync
was
 gone. >>

That mechanic is telling you a bunch of crap!  When I got my Scirocco, I
would not get it into first, AT ALL.  Turned out to be worn out shifter
bushings.  About an hour later, I was on the road, WITH a first gear!  Change
the bushings first, and adjust your shifter before you install a new tranny.

ALSO, if your first gear is shit, you can get a complete rebuilt tranny MUCH
cheaper than having that bozo rebuild it for $1,500.  He is what I like to
call a crook.

Tim :)

'84 Wolfsburg Edition Scirocco with new rear wheel bearings as of today!