Oil leaks

Hi, I owne a 86 Scirroco which I love but recently Ive been
dealing with some ugly oil leaks that maybe some of you have
seen before and can lend a hand on.  First I thought my oil pan
was leaking but after Two gasket changes and a careful
engine cleaning and observation I find that the oil leak seems to
be coming from the filter hookup.  I'm not sure whether its the oil
pressure sensor or the gasket which mates to the block or the
oil cooler which the leak is comming from.  All I know it is
definitly from that area.  By the way why do these cars have two
oil pressure sensors, one above the filter and one on the head ?
Either way your help on this problem would be appreciated.