Re: Big Lites SUCK

ChTaylo4 said:

>I have 3 relays:  1 for lows, 1 for hi's (both on the H4), and one for the
>driving lites.  I have 10ga wire going to each relay, and 2 12ga wires coming
>off to the lites.

Sorry this isn't an answer to your woes but I thought that the wires going
from battery thru relay to the light should be the biggest gauge wire,
while the wires going to the relay's coil don't have to be large.  However,
as Andre mentioned, either 10 or 12 gauge should be enough for your lights.
When I put in my relays I used the original, thread-like wires to energize
the relay but used 12ga for wiring the lights to the battery.

>With just parking lites, my headlights come on very dim.  ???  I also have
>the city lites wired in on the parking lites, so they come on too.

Not sure but if your headlights are coming on when they shouldn't there may
be a short somewhere?  Maybe your headlight switch is bad?

>My lows are .....okay.....the driver's side one is perfect and @20% brighter
>than the left one.

Driver's side = left in US?  Anyway, my passenger side light looks a bit
dimmer than my driver's.  If I was one to wave my hands, I'd say that the
reason is that the battery is closer to the left lights than the right.
Haven't measured the actual voltage at the lights tho.

>My highs are @ the same story.
>
>My driving lites:  drivers side doesnt work.  The one that does has 3 voltage
>levels for some ridiculous reason.  1:  Switch off.  Dim.  2:  Lows on,
>switch on, average brightness.  3:  Highs on:  Very bright.  Full100w effect.

No idea what's going on here.  The relays I bought only had 4 terminals so
it was fairly straightforward even though it took me a while to get
everything straight in my mind (drawing it out helped.)  If you have those
5 terminal type of relays they might be much weirder--just a friendly
suggestion to make sure the wiring is correct and that there aren't any
shorts.

Good luck, b----------