Re: your mail

> Hey dude,  from my experience with tanks, if it's leaking in one spot
> others will soon follow.

Yeah, good point.  I guess replacing it is the best thing to do.  But
another thing is that I'm selling the car in June...I'd feel guilty
leaving it like that, tho.  What would you guys do?

> Perhaps a line is leaking??

No, I can see where it's leaking.  It's coming from the seem right
by the exhaust!  YIKES!! This is really not a good thing.  }:-|

> Call 1-800-444-VWUS with your VIN, it should be covered under a recall
> campaign.  Mine went about 2 years ago.  Called VW, took it to a
> dealership, waited for 2 weeks for the tank to come in from Germany,
> problem solved.

Thanks, I'll check the dealer in town here.  Unfortunately, I don't
think VWUS can do much for me here.  I'll look into the recall and
see if it was a Germany thing, too.  Probably was.  I hope!

-Mike
89 Scirocco Scala