Re: Sway bars in DSP on scirocco-2?

On Tue, 25 Feb 1997, Edward Wahl wrote:

> Okay quick survey.  What kinda sway bars are folks out there using
> on second-gen 8v sciroccos?  I have 16v bars now, and have a nice
> neutral feeling.  I am planning on going to coil-overs and adjustable
> shocks, but wondered about bars.  (also headed to balance the corners)
> I've seen all kinds of weird-ass street setups (25/28mm!) from total under to
> ultra-oversteer.
>
> The fastest local scirocco-2 uses 25/28 with ultra twitchy oversteer.
> He uses it to slingshot the corners.

I have the Neuspeed 22/28 setup, with lowering springs in front and race
springs in back and it's pretty neutral - not nearly loose enough for my
tastes.  I'm going to be installing a second rear sway bar, which is
something I've seen on two other VWs (one DSP GTI, other ITC Scirocco).
There was a good post on this subject a while back by Iain "suspension by
U.S. Steel" Mannix...

Kevin Wenzel
1981 VW Scirocco S (w/1.8 JH) - DSP #81 (Blix)
Director of Network Operations, privateI, LLC
http://www.privateI.com/