Re: Life before the C

My personal experience between scirocco and corrado came up when I was
impatiently car shopping.  As I said, the only corrado FS around me was
being sold from a body shop.  Ugh!  The scirocco was (is) showroom perfect.
I love everything about it except for the HP potentials.  There's
practically nothing out there for the scirocco, HP wise.  That's why I'm
dumping my 16v in a few months and putting a G60 in.  Ummm, $495 for 60
hp!?!?  As in "Stage III kit!?!?!?"  I gotta have that engine.  I suppose it
woulda been cheaper to get a 2L block and ported/polished head, but I like
the idea of something 'kicking in' (supercharger) so I opted for this route.
Also, I'd like to think my car is basically perfect in all other aspects, in
terms of all the right mods and low low miles.  Putting a G60 in it would
add to it's beauty.  Setting it apart from the rest.

I think it is a kick-ass-looking car.  I don't like the C more than it, but
I don't like the S more than the C either.  It just worked out that I got
the S instead.

Also, insurance is sweet.  123hp car!?  Not much.  Not for long, either.
I'm putting the stage III plus another couple goodies on this engine before
it's even in the car.

On a 2287lb car (as opposed to a 2800lb C G60), that is flyin'.  That's a
25% reduction in weight w/o losing any looks.  The car looks equally
bad-ass, which you said earlier.

I've had ZERO problems with it.  I bought it 2 years ago w/ 49k miles.  It
now has 57k miles.  All the money gone into it has gone straight to modifying.

I gotta list of mods if you want an idea of what it would cost to make a
scirocco into a beast.  Lemme know,

Chris Taylor
'87 Scirocco G60-to-be