Re: Trunk

> >   Can anyone give
> >me some tips on replacing the single outlet style downpipe?
>
> Not if you want to stay in ES.  Sorry, Josh.  Actually, I am assuming
> (incorrectly?) that you are planning on replacing the single outlet with a
> dual outlet, which is illegal - if the car did not come from the factory
> with  the dual outlet, then you cannot use the dual outlet.  In case you
> are planning on installing a new single outlet.....

Sorry, I worded that wrong.  I am replacing the single outlet pipe with yet
another single outlet pipe.  The whole exhaust system is crap.

> Ok, so as far as getting the manifold off, I've always used 6 point
> sockets/wrenches, lots of liquid wrench, and heat.  Lots of heat, rent an
> acetylene torch, burn burn BURN!!!! yeah, hhe that's cool.  As far as
those
> spring dealies, well, I've only dealt with them once, but they were not a
> problem - just took them off.  Shrug.  Hope this helps, biggest thing I
can
> suggest for old exhaust work is six point - chances of rounding the
> nuts/boltheads go down drastically.  Best of luck!

Thanks,
I'll try to remember to "just take them off"  =)  I'm being a sarcastic
bastard, sorry.

> Mannix (confirmed D Street Prepared advocate - stock is no fun, body roll,
> push push push, you'll get protested if you show with the wrong color
> wires, bah.  DSP is where a VW belongs;)

Shut up.  =)  I don't have enough money, driving skills (yet) for a DSP
monster.  I am still putting my 16v together = big$$$

--
Josh Clark